Writer, editor, social media manager, sometimes a project manager.
Formerly a deskbound managing editor in NYC, today I’m a free-ranging freelancer based on the Olympic Peninsula in Washington, aka the Upper Left.
Away from words, I’m a birder, hiker, kayaker, cyclist, slow runner, and wrangler of three dogs of unknown origins.
Most days look like this:
- Outdoor recreation: Edit features, gear reviews, travel stories, and industry news related to outdoor recreation for OutsideOnline.com, the digital edition of Outside magazine.
- Longform features: Edit premium content for Medium.
- Nonprofit: Produce articles and e-guides chock-full of tips for online nonprofit fundraising and donor engagement for Network for Good.
- Retail: Write product copy for decadent Belgian chocolates (Godiva) and surprisingly handy gadgets (BulbHead).
- Health & wellness: Write consumer-oriented medical content, like these Condition & Treatments hubs for Lehigh Valley Health Network.
- Travel: Write luxury destination copy for Four Seasons Hotels. Create social media content for local channels like Visit Port Angeles and Port Angeles Likes Bikes.