- I’m mostly a writer and editor, sometimes a project manager.
- In the publishing business since 1996.
- Away from the words, I’m a birder, midpack runner, hiker, kayaker, cyclist, and backyard chicken wrangler.
What’s on my to-do list:
- Nonprofit: Write and edit articles and e-guides chock-full of tips for online nonprofit fundraising and donor engagement for Network for Good.
- Outdoor sports & fitness: Edit the daily News from the Field vertical, plus gear reviews, features, and sponsored content for OutsideOnline.com.
- Health & wellness: Write consumer-oriented medical content, like these Condition & Treatments hubs for Lehigh Valley Health Network.
- Retail: Write product copy for decadent Belgian chocolates (Godiva) and surprisingly handy gadgets (BulbHead).
- Travel: Write luxury travel copy for Four Seasons Magazine.
I like variety, so I work on lots of content in a bunch of subjects:
- Websites: Online magazines, TV network sites, nonprofits, e-commerce, and more
- Consumer, trade & custom magazines: Fashion, beauty, health and fitness, cooking, parenting, celebrity, design, sports, travel
- Academic textbooks: Law, management, education, economics, history, and more, from elementary to university courses
- Corporate & nonprofit: In-house communications, design lookbooks, training manuals, financial reports, white papers, e-guides, blog posts
- Self-publishing authors
- Journal articles
Get in touch: Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
My editing style was once compared to a butter knife: I smooth out the rough spots without spoiling the overall effect.