I’m a writer, editor, and project manager.
In the publishing business since 1996.
People also know me as a birder, midpack runner, and backyard chicken wrangler.
As a WRITER:
- I’ll help you diagnose that mysterious rash.
- Then I’ll tempt you with fancy chocolates to console yourself.
- When the chocolates are gone, I’ll share travel tips for places to live out your wildest dreams.
- When you get back from the airport, refreshed and ready to live again, I’ll hook you up with all the latest running gear.
- Once you’ve conquered the marathon and set up a charity for fellow hypochondriacs, I’ll give you lots of tips for effective fundraising.
As an EDITOR:
I perfect your manuscript while respecting your writing voice and style. Writing can be a difficult and emotional process. I take care of the technical aspects of grammar, style, and logic, leaving you free to focus on the creative aspects of writing. My editing style was once compared to a butter knife: I smooth out the rough spots without spoiling the overall effect.
I write and edit content across a broad spectrum of subjects and venues:
- Websites: Online magazines, TV network sites, nonprofits, e-commerce, and more
- Consumer, Trade + Custom Magazines: Fashion, beauty, health and fitness, cooking, parenting, celebrity, design, sports, travel
- Academic Textbooks: Law, management, education, economics, history, and more, from elementary to university courses
- Corporate + Nonprofit: In-house communications, design lookbooks, training manuals, financial reports, white papers
- Self-Publishing Authors
- Journal Articles