I’m a writer, editor, and social media manager. Sometimes a project manager.
My publishing journey began in NYC. Today, I’m based in the mossy Pacific Northwest on Washington’s Olympic Peninsula.
Away from words, I’m a birder, hiker, kayaker, bicyclist, slow runner, and backyard chicken wrangler.
What’s on my to-do list:
- Outdoor sports & fitness: Edit features, gear reviews, travel stories, and industry news related to outdoor recreation for OutsideOnline.com, the digital edition of Outside magazine.
- Nonprofit: Produce articles and e-guides chock-full of tips for online nonprofit fundraising and donor engagement for Network for Good.
- Retail: Write product copy for decadent Belgian chocolates (Godiva) and surprisingly handy gadgets (BulbHead).
- Health & wellness: Write consumer-oriented medical content, like these Condition & Treatments hubs for Lehigh Valley Health Network.
- Travel: Write luxury destination copy for Four Seasons Magazine. Create social media content for Visit Port Angeles.
- Volunteer: Manage social media channels, website, monthly email engagement, and online donation platform for the Peninsula Trails Coalition.
I like variety, so I work on lots of content in a bunch of subjects:
- Websites: Online magazines, TV network sites, nonprofits, e-commerce, and more
- Consumer, trade & custom magazines: Fashion, beauty, health and fitness, cooking, parenting, celebrity, design, sports, travel
- Academic textbooks: Law, management, education, economics, history, and more, from elementary to university courses
- Corporate & nonprofit: In-house communications, design lookbooks, training manuals, financial reports, white papers, e-guides, blog posts
- Self-publishing authors
- Journal articles
Get in touch: Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
My editing style was once compared to a butter knife: I smooth out the rough spots without spoiling the overall effect.